Friday, January 22, 2010

Pronouns

What I'm Listening to: Maybe I'm a nerd, maybe I'm not. You can be the judge of that, but I have a strong suspicion that writing a poem...and a blog post entitled "Pronouns" classifies me as a full-scale geek.But whatever you decide, try to read "Pronouns" without any sort of prejudice, academic or otherwise. Pronouns My skin salty and breaths coming fast I press the phone against my jaw. Incapable of terminating that last call. Somehow believing that loosening my grip on the cell phone Would mean letting go of you. But when I finally gave up and hung up You were still there. No longer we or us, two broken hearts stand apart. But quite too close for comfort. Afterwards we'll slay the lovers in our hearts And witness the death of a pronoun.

No comments:

Post a Comment